Business Assurance Manager
Location: Remote & Field based
Job Reference Number: MIH200722
The focus of the role will be to monitor ongoing performance of MIH Principals and Advisers to ensure ARs continue to demonstrate appropriate levels of knowledge, skills and expertise to fulfil their role competently and in line with MIH control policies and procedures.
The BAM responsibility is in providing the network with reassurance that the quality of advice and documentation across the span of control is of an exceptionally high quality, resulting in positive customer outcomes. This will be achieved by positively and proactively assisting the Appointed Representatives through support, training, development and analysis of their overall business.
Key Responsibilities to include:
- Responsibility for reviewing and monitoring ongoing performance of ARs in accordance with the T & C scheme and Compliance policies for ensuring high quality customer and conduct outcomes within their set span of control
- Supervise AR firms and advisers to ensure appropriate levels of supervision and oversight is in place to reach and maintain competency standards.
- Apply a risk based methodology to supervision activity by adjusting the degree of oversight to support the knowledge, skill and capability of the AR firm and advisers within, taking full account of any emerging or realised conduct risk issues
- Provide an integral function of the network from the ‘on boarding’ process by undertaking initial 1st line compliance checks to ensure MIH systems, controls and behaviours are embedded from outset.
- Support and oversee the activity of new advisers to ensure quality benchmarks and competency status are achieved within prescribed timescales
- Conduct regular visits to AR firms and advisers to carry out 1st line compliance checking and T&C related activity to maintain the required level of oversight and control
- Provide ongoing monitoring of ARs through support and guidance as required to enable them to build upon and enhance their overall performance, business quality, conduct and compliance culture
- Conduct observation and assessment of advisers sales skills to demonstrate requisite competence and conduct, as appropriate and in accordance with the minimum standards of the T & C scheme
- Provide compliance advice and guidance to assist ARs in maintaining required levels of performance and knowledge on regulatory issues in line with MIH policies and procedures and positive customer outcomes
- Investigate areas of underperformance, reporting findings, recommending remedial action, preparing action plans and tracking to positive conclusion
- Conduct gap analysis of knowledge, skills and capability, assisting the ARs by facilitating coaching and training as required in order to address any development opportunities and poor conduct issues
- Maintain central control records in a timely and accurate manner, reporting on supervision activity and issues, highlighting poor quality trends and risks to Senior Management
- Proactively manage relationships with lenders & providers in relation to the quality of the advice provided within the span of control
- Promote, support & attend roadshows, workshops, breakfast meetings and courses organised by the Network
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with AR firms and advisers at all times, whilst maintaining oversight independence
- Keep abreast of all changes in the market that may impact on the network, customers & ARs providing appropriate information on any developments to the ARs as per MIH standards of conduct and compliance
- Maintain a good industry and technical knowledge, assuming responsibility for own personal development to enable fulfilment of the BAM role
- Carry out ad hoc tasks as may be delegated to you by your line manager as required by the business
Skills and Experience to include:
- CeMap or MAQ equivalent qualification
- Good understanding of the FCA Mortgage and Insurance rules
- Financial Services experience with particular emphasis on compliance, development and T&C functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel and where required overnight stays
- Driving Licence